Clarifi's Student Loan Counseling is designed to provide guidance to borrowers who are facing difficulty in repayment of their federal and private student loans.
The pilot program provides an unbiased resource to help borrowers who are in repayment of their student loans in the following ways:
- Explore available repayment options and potential solutions. Many borrowers are simply unaware of available federal repayment options that may provide a more manageable monthly payment schedule than a borrower’s current repayment plan.
- Determine an individual borrower’s eligibility for these federal options.
- Provide assistance in establishing a budget to cover monthly expenses, including federal and private student loan repayment.
- Attempt to contact private lenders to determine possible repayment solutions.
- Help student loan borrowers in repayment avoid defaulting and suffering the related consequences.
As part of this service, Clarifi is partnering with Community Legal Services of Philadelphia to mentor counselors and to provide consultation to student loan borrowers. If needed, clients can be referred to CLS for legal guidance.
For more information or to make an appointment with a trained Student Loan Borrower Repayment Counselor, please call 855-761-4975.
There is a fee of $125 for this service. Learn more about our fees and how they can be waived.