The goal of our seniors program is to help older adults stay financially healthy and live independently and safely in their homes. Through our one-on-one counseling and financial education program, Clarifi provides the tools and support that enable seniors to make an informed decision about their financial future.
Clarifi Counselors understand the particular needs of seniors and tailor sessions with information relevant to an older adult.
One-on-One Counseling Services:
- Budget and Credit
- Credit Report
- Reverse Mortgage
- Foreclosure Prevention
Workshops and Topics
Clarifi presents ongoing group workshops developed specifically for seniors. Workshops are offered at area senior centers, community organizations and other convenient locations. Topics include:
- Content covers budgeting tools, strategies for developing a spending plan, managing unexpected expenses, and short term saving strategies.
- Participants gain a better understanding of the terms and conditions associated with credit and credit cards, their related costs; how to choose the right cards; protecting their credit; and appropriate credit usage.
- Subject matter includes an overview of identity theft, scams and financial predators; their impact; prevention measures; and recovery steps.
- Seniors learn how to identify predatory lending practices and types, and how to avoid becoming a victim.
- Participants are introduced to the basics: how to read, understand and use their credit report.
- Information is presented on all aspects of a reverse mortgage, allowing seniors to make informed decisions about this option.
To learn more about bringing a Seniors Education workshop to your organization, complete our Request Information Form or call 800-989-2227 to speak with a representative from our Education Group.
To view our Financial Smarts for Seniors brochure, see the attachment below: