Saving is hard, we know. But we also know that there’s a way to make it easier. Tax time is an exciting opportunity for all tax filers to save a portion of their refunds in a competitive, safe, and trusted product: a Series I U.S. Savings Bond.
How do Tax Time Bonds make saving easier?
- You don’t need a bank account.
- You only need $50 to get started. Choose to save as little as $50 of your tax refund with a bond.
- U.S. Series I Savings Bonds are a competitive saving product. The current interest rate is 3.1%.
- Tax Time Bonds are marked for inflation, which means you never get back less than you put in.
- Tax time makes it simple. Just choose the amount you want to save and you’ll receive your bonds in the mail.
- You earn interest right away. Your money starts growing immediately.
- Bonds are safe. U.S. Series I Savings Bonds will never lose value and are backed by the U.S. Government.
- Bonds have no fees. There are no fees to buy or cash in your bond.
- Gift savings to your loved ones. Bonds can be purchased in someone else’s name – so you can help jumpstart the savings and dreams of the people you care about.
Learn more about Tax Time Savings Bonds, Form 8888, and how they can help prepare you for the future at www.bondsmakeiteasy.org or by texting DREAMS to 41411 (text FACIL to 41411 for Spanish).