PECO's Universal Service programs are designed for low-income, residential customers who demonstrate or express difficulty in paying their monthly energy bill. The Company's Universal Service plan contains five components: the Cap Rate, Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), Matching Energy Assistance Fund (MEAF), Low Income Usage Reduction Program (LIURP), and Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services (CARES).
- The CAP Rate program provides a discounted residential tariff rate for low-income customers.
- LIHEAP is a Federal program that provides assistance to individuals who are having trouble paying their electric, natural gas or other energy bills.
- Matching Energy Assistance Fund assists low-income, residential customers with bill payment.
- The Low Income Usage Reduction Program can help you lower the amount of gas and electricity used in your home.
- Customer Assistance and Referral Evaluation Services is designed to assist customers who have temporary personal or financial hardship that prevent the payment of their utility bill.
- If you are having difficulty paying your bill, PECO can make a payment arrangement with you, call 1-888-480-1533
For more information on these and other assistance programs, please visit the website, or contact:
Customer Service Center
2301 Market Street
P.O. Box 8699
Philadelphia, PA 19101
Customer Service: 1-800-494-4000, Monday to Friday from 8AM to 5PM and Saturday 9AM to 1PM
Hearing or speech impaired: 1-800-494-4000
All of our Customer Consultants have access to interpreters. Call 1-800-494-4000 and ask for an interpreter.
Natural Gas or Electric Emergencies: Call 1-800-841-4141 immediately.