Are you looking to buy a home in New Jersey?
You may be eligible for $10,000 toward your purchase
NJ Housing & Mortgage Finance Agency (NJHMFA) launched a new version of the HomeSeeker program, now called “NJHMFA DPA” – NJHMFA Down Payment Assistance Program. The program gives eligible first-time homeowners a $10,000 down payment/closing cost grant toward a home purchase.
To obtain the required financial literacy component online, register at https://clarifi.frameworkhomeownership.org/
Some of the requirements:
- The $10,000 is 100% forgiven if the owner stays in their home for 5 years
- Must use one of NJHMFA's first mortgage loans & use an approved lender
- Maximum household income is $95,100 (1-2) or $109,365 (3+ HH members)
- Maximum household income is $114,120 (1-2) or $133,140 (3+ HH members)-Urban Target
- Maximum Home Price: $433,540 (Ex. Camden County Single Family-Urban Target Area)
- Minimum Credit Score is 620 & must meet debt limits
- Veterans do not need to be first-time homeowners to qualify for fund
Clarifi local coverage: Atlantic, Burlington, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester & Salem Counties
Clarifi On-line Homebuyer Education covers all counties of NJ
Clarifi offers the HUD and NJHMFA-approved housing counseling required.
We're here to help! Or call 800-989-2227
Pre-Purchase counseling through a HUD-approved agency, like Clarifi, is required to apply for Down Payment Assistance Program.
- 2-hour session; available in person or by phone
- Spanish speaking counselor available
- Arrangements can be made for hearing impaired
- No fee